Brian Miller, builder at Legacy Homes has some tips for you. Please see this link.
October is a great time to prepare your new (and older) home for winter. At Legacy Homes of Pueblo, we have a suggested to-do list for you.
Reverse Ceiling Fans: Switch the fan to run in a clock-wise direction. This will pull the warm air at the ceiling down into the room.
Clean Gutters and Downspouts: Throughout the summer leaves, bugs and other debris build up. Fall cleaning insures proper rain and snow flow.
Replace Batteries in Smoke Detectors: Although your detector will start chirping when the battery is low, doing this now will prevent it alerting you at an inconvenient time.
Turn Off / Blow Out Irrigation System: Water left in your irrigation system can freeze and damage your system.
Remove Hoses from Bib: Leaving the hose attached can form ice in your hose bib, causing damage.
Call Chimney Sweep: If you have a wood fireplace or pellet stove, this is an essential step every year to clear debris and keep things free-flowing.
Clean Window Sash: Dirt and debris can collect and cause the weep holes to become blocked, thus not allowing the proper drainage.
Check Snow Blower and Shovels: In the event of an early snow, it's a good idea to have these in working order.
For further winterizing tips, check out Home Advisor
Fall Photo: "Keep Looking Up" by Builder, Brian Miller.
"One shouldn't settle for a builder who won't modify blueprints and plans. At Legacy Homes of Pueblo, we'll work with your dreams, your lifestyle and your ideas. It's the way it should be."
- Branson A. Haney, CEO / General Contractor
Branson Haney is the CEO / General Contractor of Legacy Homes. He is an award winning, dynamic and innovative builder licensed throughout the Colorado Front Range. He directs the operational, project management, and fiscal responsibilities of the company, holding an MBA from Denver University.
Chairman of the Board for the Colorado Association of Home Builders in 2016, Past President of the Pueblo Association of Home Builders and an ongoing Builder Representative for the National Association of Home Builders, Branson is deeply committed to the building industry.
Have you tossed around the idea of building a new home? Legacy Homes is here to help, of course. We highly reccomend an extremely informative book, "Building Your Home, An Insider's Guide" by Carol Smith. In it, she details everything throughout the entire building process - from financing to location, home design to construction sequence and closing to warranty service.
Looking for a new home, but not the wait of construction time? Legacy Homes of Pueblo has the perfect home in Pueblo West on Challenger Drive - the Pinon floorplan. This open-concept, quality driven, four bedroom, two bathroom home awaits you. It features a rear covered patio, hardwood floors, granite and a spa-like master bath. It also features a sunken living room. $292,900.
We are busy building several of our very popular Piñon homes and these beautiful properties are for sale! Two are nearing completion; one at the end of May and the other beginning of June. Both are located on Pueblo West's north side.
Welcome to our brand new, better-than-ever, redesigned Legacy Homes web site! Although this site is new, we are not - we've been in business for decades. We've completely revamped everything here and there is still lots to come. You can learn more about Legacy Homes and the people who run it, explore the various home building and construction offerings, see photos and floor plans, or discover the different areas of Colorado where we build. We're still in the process of populating our site, so be sure to return to see additional floor plans and features, photos of upcoming homes and properties for sale, and much more! Please contact us with any questions or comments. The excitement is building!
- welcome1 post(s) tagged with welcome.
- legacy1 post(s) tagged with legacy.
- site1 post(s) tagged with site.
- pinon1 post(s) tagged with pinon.
- construction3 post(s) tagged with construction.
- homes1 post(s) tagged with homes.
- pueblo1 post(s) tagged with pueblo.
- west1 post(s) tagged with west.
- home1 post(s) tagged with home.
- hardwood1 post(s) tagged with hardwood.
- patio1 post(s) tagged with patio.
- building1 post(s) tagged with building.
- Legacy1 post(s) tagged with Legacy.
- process1 post(s) tagged with process.
- design1 post(s) tagged with design.
- CEO1 post(s) tagged with CEO.
- Contractor1 post(s) tagged with Contractor.
- Builder2 post(s) tagged with Builder.
- Committed1 post(s) tagged with Committed.
- New1 post(s) tagged with New.
- Construction1 post(s) tagged with Construction.
- Sale1 post(s) tagged with Sale.
- Kitchen1 post(s) tagged with Kitchen.
- Hardwood1 post(s) tagged with Hardwood.
- Blueprints1 post(s) tagged with Blueprints.
- Modifications1 post(s) tagged with Modifications.
- Lifestyle1 post(s) tagged with Lifestyle.
- Winterizing1 post(s) tagged with Winterizing.
- Home1 post(s) tagged with Home.
- Tips1 post(s) tagged with Tips.
- Gutters1 post(s) tagged with Gutters.
- Fans1 post(s) tagged with Fans.
- faucet1 post(s) tagged with faucet.